The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has begun to audit certain nonimmigrant petitions filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to verify information submitted in the petitions. Additionally, KCC is piloting a program wherein information about the beneficiaries and the proposed U.S. employment is verified. KCC has made and will continue to make unannounced phone calls to petitioners to verify such information.
Questions include, but are not limited to:
1. Whether the petitioner, in fact, submitted the petition;
2. When the petitioner was incorporated;
3. The physical location of the petitioner;
4. Number of employees;
5. Names of shareholders;
6. Location of Attorney of Record;
7. General information regarding the petitioner’s operations and business plan.
Employers should be consistent when submitting information to the government, keep good records on file and update counsel of any corporate changes.