H-2B Visa: DOL Updates H-2B Labor Certification Procedures

The U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”) recently published a notice of an update for procedures for State Workforce Agencies (“SWA”) and ETA National Processing Centers to process H-2B labor certification applications in non-agricultural occupations. The H-2B nonimmigrant classification allows temporary non-agricultural workers to come to the U.S. to meet seasonal, intermittent or peak-load needs of an employer where there are no U.S. workers who are able, willing and qualified to accept the temporary position(s).

The H-2B nonimmigrant visa classification may work as an alternative for the H- 1B. The earliest that H2B Labor Certifications can be filed for October 2007 starting date is June 1, 2007, employers must file early, please call or email me if you need more info..

You can read the update here

For more information about the H2B Visa visit click here