What a day! I attended several Marriage based Greed Card interviews today at our local USCIS office and they all went pretty well. All approved, but my clients were stressed. Being questioned by a government official about your personal life is not the most pleasant experience. Most clients just want to know what questions they may ask at the interview.
The below referenced questions are actual questions that I have compiled after attending numerous of interviews across the US. This is intended to be an exclusive list, rather, just to give you an idea as to what you might expect at your next interview.
Questions about the USCIS forms filed
It is very important that you review your forms very carefully before attending the interview. The following questions are based on the forms submitted and any inconsistent answer will make the officer very suspicious of your situation. Be prepared to provide logical explanations to any answer.
• Have you ever, in or outside the US knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug related offence for which you have not been arrested?
• Have you ever, in or outside of the US been arrested, cited charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?
• Have you ever in or outside the US been the beneficiary of a pardon, amnesty, rehabilitation decree, other act of clemency or similar action? Exercised diplomatic immunity to avoid prosecution for a criminal offense in the US?
• Have you received public assistance in the US from any source, including the US Government or any state, county city, or municipality, other than emergency medical treatment, or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future?
• Have you ever within the past ten years been a prostitute or procured anyone for prostitution or intend to engage in such activities in the future?
• Have you ever engaged in any unlawful commercialized vice, including, but not limited to illegal gambling?
• Have you ever knowingly encouraged, assisted, abetted or aided any alien to enter the country illegally?
Questions about the night/day before the interview
• Who drove to the interview?
• How many cars do you have?
• What did you have for dinner last night?
• Where did you have dinner?
• Where did you park this morning?
Questions about the courtship and relationship prior to marriage
• Where did you meet?
• What did the two of you have in common?
• Where did you go for your first date?
• How long was it before you decided to get married?
• Who proposed to whom and did you buy rings?
• Did you meet the parents? Show me pictures with the parents or siblings?
Everyday life questions
• What time do you get up in the morning?
• How many alarm clocks do you set in the morning?
• Who makes breakfast?
• What time do the working spouse or spouses arrive home?
• Who takes care of paying the bills?
• Do you have a joint bank account? Where?
• Do you have any pets?
• Do you go to church?
• Do you belong to a gym?
• Who takes the child to school?
• When is your spouse’s birthday? What gift did you buy for his/her last birthday?
• What did you do for your spouse’s last birthday?
• How did you celebrate your most recent wedding anniversary?
• What religious holidays do you celebrate together?
• Have you and your spouse gone to see a movie or other form of entertainment lately?
• What did the two of you do last New Year’s Eve? Thanksgiving?
• Any family parties that you attended together recently?