In the blog post we share some exciting H-1B news! While the FY 2023 H-1B season is about to get underway, today February 28, 2022, USCIS announced that it has received enough petitions to reach the fiscal year 2022 cap that began last March, including the advanced degree exemption.
USCIS has sent non-selection notifications to registrants’ USCIS online accounts. If you were not selected in the FY 2022 cap the following status will be shown in your online account:
- Not Selected: Not selected – not eligible to file an H-1B cap petition based on this registration.
The agency will continue to accept and process cap-exempt petitions including petitions filed to:
- Extend the amount of time a current H-1B worker may remain in the United States;
- Change the terms of employment for current H-1B workers;
- Allow current H-1B workers to change employers; and
- Allow current H-1B workers to work concurrently in additional H-1B positions.
If you were not selected in the H-1B fiscal year 2022, there is still good news. The H-1B fiscal year 2023 season is just about to begin, and you may have a shot at being selected.
Those who wish to apply for the H-1B FY 2023 cap must submit an electronic registration on the USCIS website.
The H-1B initial registration period for the FY 2023 cap is scheduled to open tomorrow at noon ET, March 1, 2022 and the registration period will remain open until noon ET on March 18, 2022.
Remember that the electronic registration process is mandatory. Prospective H-1B cap-subject petitioners are required to use a myUSCIS online account to register each beneficiary electronically for the selection process and pay the associated $10 H-1B registration fee for each registration submitted on behalf of each beneficiary.
If USCIS receives enough registrations by March 18, the agency will randomly select registrations and send selection notifications via users’ myUSCIS online accounts. All users will be notified of selection by March 31, 2022.
H-1B Registration Process Timeline
- March 1: H-1B registration period opens at noon ET.
- March 18: H-1B registration period closes at noon ET.
- March 31: Date by which USCIS intends to notify selected registrants.
- April 1: The earliest date that FY 2023 H-1B cap-subject petitions may be filed.
We wish you the best of luck! If you need attorney assistance to submit an electronic registration please contact our office as soon as possible to discuss your eligibility.
Questions? If you would like to schedule a consultation, please text 619-569-1768 or call 619-819-9204.
- USCIS Reaches Fiscal Year 2022 H-1B Cap
- USCIS Initial Registration Announcement
- H-1B Electronic Registration Step-by-Step Instructions
- All About the H-1B Visa
- Youtube channel
- ImmigrationU Membership
JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP
Need more immigration updates? We have created a new facebook group to address the impact of the new executive order and other changing developments related to COVID-19. Follow us there.
For other COVID 19 related immigration updates please visit our Immigration and COVID-19 Resource Center here.