It’s that time of the year again. The H-1B cap season for FY 2024 will soon be in full swing.
USCIS has just announced that the H-1B initial registration period for the FY 2024 cap is scheduled to open at noon ET on March 1, 2023 and will remain open until noon ET on March 17, 2023.
Prospective petitioners (also known as registrants), and their authorized representatives, who are seeking authorization to employ H-1B workers subject to the cap, must complete an electronic registration process on their myUSCIS online account to receive a chance at selection. The registration process is simple and easy, requesting only basic information about the prospective petitioner and each requested worker.
The H-1B FY 2024 selection process will be based off properly submitted electronic registrations. Only those with selected registrations will be eligible to file H-1B cap-subject petitions.
That means that in order to have a chance of being selected, all prospective petitioners and their authorized representatives seeking to file H-1B cap-subject petitions for FY 2024, including for beneficiaries eligible for the advanced degree exemption, must first register during the registration period (March 1, 2023, to March 17, 2023) and pay the associated $10 registration fee for each beneficiary.
Registrants will be able to create new accounts beginning at noon ET on February 21, 2023.
Representatives will be able to add clients to their accounts at any time, but both representatives and registrants must wait until March 1, 2023, to enter beneficiary information and submit the registration with the $10 fee
Only petitioners that receive a selected registration may participate in the H-1B filing process.
When will the selection process take place?
If USCIS receives enough electronic registrations by March 17, 2023, they will randomly select from eligible registrations and send notifications of selection to users on their myUSCIS online accounts.
H-1B FY 2024 Registration Process Timeline
- March 1: H-1B registration period opens at noon ET.
- March 17: H-1B registration period closes at noon ET.
- March 31: Date by which USCIS intends to notify selected registrants.
- April 1: The earliest date that FY 2024 H-1B cap-subject petitions may be filed.
When will I be notified of selection?
USCIS intends to notify registrants and their representatives with selected registrations via their USCIS online accounts no later than March 31, 2022.
A registrant’s USCIS online account will show one of the following statuses for each registration:
- Submitted: The registration has been submitted and is eligible for selection. If the initial selection process has been completed, this registration remains eligible, unless subsequently invalidated, for selection in any subsequent selections for the fiscal year for which it was submitted.
- Selected: Selected to file an H-1B cap petition.
- Not Selected: Not selected – not eligible to file an H-1B cap petition based on this registration.
- Denied: Multiple registrations were submitted by or on behalf of the same registrant for the same beneficiary. If denied as a duplicate registration, all registrations submitted by or on behalf of the same registrant for this beneficiary for the fiscal year are invalid.
- Invalidated-Failed Payment: A registration was submitted but the payment method was declined, not reconciled, or otherwise invalid.
H-1B cap-subject beneficiaries, including those eligible for the advanced degree exemption, must have a valid “Selected” registration notification for that specific fiscal year in order for a registrant or representative to properly file an H-1B cap-subject petition. The status of registrations that are not selected as part of any initial random selection process, and not denied or invalidated, will remain as “Submitted.” Registrants and representatives that are not selected will not be notified until after USCIS has determined that they have reached the H-1B cap for that fiscal year.
Want to know how to register?
Please here for step-by-step instructions and more registration information.
We wish petitioners and their beneficiaries the best of luck!
Questions? If you would like to schedule a consultation for the H-1B FY 2024 cap, please text 619-569-1768 or call 619-819-9204.
- USCIS FY 2024 H-1B Initial Registration Announcement
- H-1B Electronic Registration Step-by-Step Instructions
- All About the H-1B Visa
- February Visa Bulletin
- USCIS Processing Times
- Chats with Charlie YouTube Channel
- Immigrant Visa Backlog Report
- DOS Visa Services Operating Status Update
- ImmigrationU Membership
- Success stories
- Youtube channel
JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP
Need more immigration updates? We have created a new facebook group to address the impact of the new executive order and other changing developments related to COVID-19. Follow us there.
For other COVID 19 related immigration updates please visit our Immigration and COVID-19 Resource Center here.