In this blog post, we close out the week with some important information for Afghani nationals seeking to apply for Temporary Protected Status under the TPS designation for Afghanistan. On Thursday, June 16, 2022, from 2 to 3 pm (ET) USCIS will be hosting a public engagement session discussing the TPS requirements for Afghanistan and answering your questions.
What will be discussed?
On March 16, 2022, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced the designation of TPS for Afghanistan for 18 months. This designation of TPS for Afghanistan allows nationals of Afghanistan and individuals having no nationality who last habitually resided in Afghanistan, who have continuously resided in the U.S. since March 15, 2022, to file initial applications for TPS.
The USCIS public engagement session will provide a general overview of the designation of TPS for Afghanistan and following the information session a question-and-answer session will take place.
While USCIS cannot answer case-specific questions, general questions about eligibility can be asked during the information session.
When will the session take place?
Thursday June 16, 2022, from 2-3 pm ET.
How can you register?
To register visit the registration page here.
- You will be asked to sign up for updates or to access subscriber preferences, please enter your email address and select “Submit”
- Select “Subscriber Preferences”
- Select the “Questions” tab
- Complete the questions and select “Submit.”
Once your registration is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with the details.
Questions about Afghanistan’s TPS designation, can be submitted by 4 p.m. Eastern on Friday, June 3, 2022, by emailing email@example.com. Please place “TPS Afghanistan” in the subject heading of your email.
Temporary Protected Status Designated Country: Afghanistan
|TPS Designated Through:||Nov. 20, 2023|
|Registration Period:||May 20, 2022 – Nov. 20, 2023|
|Continuous Residence in U.S. Since:||March 15, 2022|
|Continuous Physical Presence in U.S. Since:||May 20, 2022|
|TPS Designation Date:||May 20, 2022|
|Federal Register Notice Citation:||87 FR 30976|
For information about the TPS designation for Afghanistan please click here.
Contact Us. If you would like to schedule a consultation, please text 619-483-4549 or call 619-819-9204.
- TPS Designation Afghanistan
- USCIS Engagement: Temporary Protected Status for Afghanistan Registration Page
- Secretary Mayorkas Designates Afghanistan for Temporary Protected Status
- USCIS Special Situations
- USCIS to Implement Premium Processing for Certain Previously Filed EB-1 and EB-2 Form I-140 Petitions
- How to Make an Expedite Request with USCIS
- USCIS Pushes for Decrease in Processing Times and Announces Expansion of Premium Processing Service
- USCIS Announces New Actions to Reduce Backlogs, Expand Premium Processing, and Provide Relief to Work Permit Holders
- Final Rule Implementation of the Emergency Stopgap USCIS Stabilization Act
- How Do I Request Premium Processing?
- Secretary Mayorkas Designates Afghanistan for Temporary Protected Status for 18 Months
- Secretary Mayorkas Designates Ukraine for Temporary Protected Status for 18 Months
- Processing Posts for Visa Applicants in Ukraine
- Youtube channel
- ImmigrationU Membership
JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP
Need more immigration updates? We have created a new facebook group to address the impact of the new executive order and other changing developments related to COVID-19. Follow us there.
For other COVID 19 related immigration updates please visit our Immigration and COVID-19 Resource Center here.